Strange Rash

Thread: Strange Rash

DefaultStrange Rash

Hi everyone! I am Nemo's Mom and I am concerned about a rash that I noticed on him today. Nemo is an 8 month old black lab and unless I'm on the floor with him I can't hardly tell what's on his skin. Today I noticed he has a terrible rach all around his hind legs and front legs and all over his stomach. The rash does not look like a human pimple, its very dry and crusty. I called my vet but spoke to the nurse and she said to give him Benadryl. Is this rash common or should I just take him in soon. Any advice would be very appreciated! ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Strange Rash

I wouldn't consider it an emergency, but I would sure get it checked out next week. Hope it's nothing serious.

I also hope it's nothing serious. I would make an appt for Monday (if possible) to see the vet.

Also, what are you feeding Nemo? (Cute name, by the way!) Have you noticed him itching a lot lately?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the advice. I too do not think its an emergency. He hasn't been scratching too much thats why I didn't notice anything wrong with him aside from the usual occasional scratching. We have been switching his food between Purina ONE and Purina Puppy Chow, both of which he loves. We live in Florida so I'm thinking its more of a heat issue. Nemo is scheduled to see the vet on Monday morning, so I'm a little at ease. I love this forum. I get to show Nemo all of his "relatives" on-line!

B/t/w...my 3 yr old decided on his name since we bought him home so small. Now he weighs 70 lbs and is only 8 months! YIKES!

It sounds like he was running through weeds.