newbie with more silly question's

Thread: newbie with more silly question's

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Defaultnewbie with more silly question's

Couple of more question's for those of you that might know. I noticed to day that Sammi has a small crack in one of her paw's, it is not bleeding and does not appear to be sore i.e she is not licking it, limping, no redness. Just a dry little crack . I have just started walking her on cement and wondering if I should back off a bit. We havent even been going that far. My other question is about the heartworm med. does pretty much everyone give thier dogs this medication. Where I work it is divided 50/50, my vet did start Sammi on it. Just wanted some of your opinion's. Thank's again, Sammi's mom- Diana

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: newbie with more silly question's

Dogs paws will get small cracks, no biggie.* I see you are a fellow Oregonian.* I'm in Beaverton.* Heartworm is a big problem in southern Oregon but not so much in the Portland area.* I don't give it.* A lot of people I know in this area don't give it.* If I were to go into a wooded area for hiking and such, then I would get him the medication.* My recommended it but did not insist upon it.

Koa had a crack on his paw a while back. I didnt feel it was serious enough for the products that fix it so i just let it be and his paw was fine. As for the cement walking, if anything that will make them stronger IMO.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

we are big hiker's and camper's, also around water alot. So I think I will stick with the heartworm med. Thank's for the help and info., I'm in my 40's and it feel's like I have another baby in the house, Oh yeah I do, just a 4 legged one-

In your care, I definitely would do heartworm.

Yes, I agree that heartworm meds are a good idea for your situation. The only time that I don't give any to Lexus is during the winter months when there are no bugs to worry about. But I start once the weather starts warming up and throughout the summer.