Shivering

Thread: Shivering

DefaultShivering

Every once in a while ive noticed koas mouth area shaking, quite rapidly. it almost looks like he's shivering. Then his nose will start to twitch and he drools and drips a lot from both the nose and mouth area. Its the weirdest thing. It happens at the most random times, but it doesnt affect him in anyway. I've asked the vet after a visit a while back and i dont think she really understood what i was saying because she told me not to worry about it. :-\
    Anybody know anything about this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Shivering

i'm sorry i have no idea what this could be, if anything. my suggestion would be to try & videotape an episode for the vet. and i must say, i HATE it when a vet 'dismisses' any concerns i have--it's my money & my time & my worry, i feel they should at least attempt an explanation as to why i shouldn't ''worry about it''. in my experience, it's the owner who has the ''luxury'' of observation , and therefore a gut feeling should be treated seriously!

My dachsund used to do that... he lived for 13 years and the vet never could tell us what it was...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

Charlie will do that when he smells something particularly interesting.....especially a "hot" babe. I think it's similar to the flehming (sp?) response in horses where they curl their upper lip up.

I was thinking that too. As Ty got more sexually mature he used to sniff where my girl, Casey, peed (she's fixed). Then his mouth used to start trembling, teeth chattering and drool a bit. By the way, bitches sometimes do that too when they are together and a few are in heat.

Thats really interesting actually.

Are your boys neutered?

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

No. Charlie is intact.