MOSQUITO BITES AND SUNBURN--- anyone else have this problem?

Thread: MOSQUITO BITES AND SUNBURN--- anyone else have this problem?

DefaultMOSQUITO BITES AND SUNBURN--- anyone else have this problem?

Hey everyone!!
    I have some questions on Cadbury's behalf.....
    Here is the issue: Her poor little nose is all bumps from the mosquito bites, we like to sit outside when its nice in the evening and she likes to join us....but they mosquito's go MENTAL on her nose! Then she whines because they hurt and I feel SO SORRY FOR HER!
    Also, the bit of skin just behind her nose has not a lot of hair and its all pink now after our day outside, I've never thought of the fact that she could burn before.
    SO...

1.) Has anyone used/ or uses an insect repellent that is safe for dogs to use too? I hear that it has to be DEET free, and I've found some herbal ones on the internet, just wondering if anyone has a brand that they use and it works? I've tried rubbing the leaves from the citronella plant on her nose but she still gets attacked.

2.) Umm does anyone else put sunscreen on their dogs nose??? And does anyone out there know if there is certain ingredients in sunscreen that would not be good for them???

THANKS SO MUCH! Cadbury would appreciate any and all opinions on this topic, her poor nose is all pink and looks like a minefield.

Rachel and Cadbury

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

PhoebeJeebies is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: MOSQUITO BITES AND SUNBURN--- anyone else have this problem?

Aww...poor Cadbury ... She should learn to eat the mosquitoes like Phoebe does
    Becca & Phoebe

hahahaha, she tried that for a while, but they overcame her and I think she gave up!!! I'm trying to convince her that lying beside the citronella plant is a good idea, she's not going for it. I put baking soda and water on her nose though to relieve the itch, so she looks ridiculous, but I think she feels a little better!!

Rachel and Cadbury

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Poor Cadbury!

K9 Advantix says that it repels fleas, ticks, and mosquitos, as well as kills them. It might be worth it to try that and see if it works. It's a once a month medicine that is applied to the back. If you are currently using Frontline or another flea/tick medicine, this would replace that.

Don't know about the sunscreen.

My Deacon has no pigment on his nose and can burn easily - we use a SPF30 sunscreen on the exposed area if we are going to be out for any period of time.