another message about my lab who died
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: another message about my lab who died

Defaultanother message about my lab who died

I posted on Tues. that my lab suddenly died. *He was only 8.
    I want to thank all of you that replied with your kind words of condolences. *We are so grief stricken and cry alot. *My husband stayed home from work on Wed. so we could just hug each other and cry. *My son drove in from 3 states away to be with us and mourn our beloved dog's loss. *We walk around dazed.. at times we talk about other things and then something reminds us of him and we cry.
    I can't seem to get through the pain. *I feel every part of grief...denial, guilt and definetly depression. *I know some day that it will get easier, but nothing will bring him back. How long does it take to feel better? *This house is loaded with his shedding hair, so he is still around in some form. * Thanks again for understanding my grief. *I am avoiding the calls from people who say *" He was just a dog, you will get through it in a couple of days" *that happened yesterday from someone who has little sensitiviy. * :'(

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: another message about my lab who died

I'm sorry that I can't say how long it will be before you feel better. This was such a sudden tragedy for you. It's very obvious what he meant to you; that means also that it's obvious what you meant to him.

What a wonderful close family you have, to be together to grieve. Your son drove through 3 states to come home to be with you...that's so very touching.

Many good thoughts of comfort are with you.

Lilprincee is offline Senior Member

I don't know how long it takes or if you ever really get over it.........it will get better. You will cherish your memories forever.
    You will remain in my thoughts and prayers.
    [IMG]/[/IMG]

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I am so sorry for ur loss. Words are inadequate but please grive as long as you wont no materwhat ppl think.Just because its not a human loss doesnt mean one will be okay in 2 or 3 days.I know there are a lot of people who dont understand how a dog is family but atleast you have a great support system. My prayers with you and your family.
    Take care
    tanya

ThatsMyGirl Guest

You are very blessed to have the support of your husband and son.* I don't know that you ever get over the loss, but time does make it better.* We had to put down a wonderful boy 11 years ago in August.* I still think about him several times a week.* And when I remember him now, it is not memories of the end -- the* sadness and grief -- but memories of the good times and how he always made me smile.* Funny thing is, he still does.

Continued prayers for you and your family -- may you find comfort, peace and strength during this difficult time.

JanCarkner Guest

I'm sorry about your lab. I lost my golden Dec 26/05 and I finally understood why people say their heart is broken. I wept for days. I wrote an "Elegy to April" saying all the silly things she did -- how she adored car rides, and would carry dirty underwear and socks around the house. Even now, I'll tear up about it, but time does help. I waited a couple of months and got a lab puppy, as our springer spaniel was also suffering. Everyone handles grief differently, but it is hard. I'm so sorry - you have my sympathy.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Tango was our first lab together as a family and when we had to put him down at age 10, we were all devastated :'( I didn't think I would ever get over it. Within a couple days of his death, I went through all the pics we had of him (which unfortunately weren't that many) and I made a photo collage. It still hangs on my wall today. I can't tell you how much that helped the healing process.

You just have to take it one day at a time. I promise you though, it does get easier. We got to a point where we'd look back on silly things that Tang did and we'd giggle and laugh about it, lovingly.

Take care of yourself. Come back here whenever you need an ear

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

I agree with Amy, you just need to take it one day at a time. It will take time, but things will get better and you will be able to look back on all the times that made you smile. You may not think that now but it will happen.

*Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

I am so sorry.

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

Many of us have been down this route you are on. Your lab was a member of your family...the loss of a beloved family member is painful. Allow yourselves the time you need to grieve, from my personal experience, it will take time. When you're up to it, put together an album or a collage of photos with your dog, write about him, it'll be something you will cherish. I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast