Help!

Thread: Help!

DefaultHelp!

??? I know labs shed a lot. Is there any oils or vitamins to contol it? Gracie (my yellow lab) has excessive shedding. Can anyone help?
    Thanks~
    Grace56

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Help!

I have seen quite a few peple post here that they really like Nupro. I just started using it so it's too early for me to tell here. I do have one here that is a continuous shedder and I did call the 800# and talked to a great lady, she told me that it will help with the shedding. I am also giving it to my old girl who has arthritis and I can tell you that I have already seen a great improvement with her in regards to the arthritis.

Just curious what food are you feeding?
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

I give Mocha Nutricoat 8 in 1 just a little on each meal. It helps a lot with her day to day shedding but she will still blow her coat twice a year and you can pull hand fulls off... They shed you just have to get used to it. I've also been told that Yellow labs tend to shed worse than others but can't say I've had personal expereience with it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Heavy shedding is normal. She is probably just blowing her coat. Shedding is part of the package with a Labrador.

What is Nupro & is nutricoat 8 A vitamin? Where can you get these at? Thanks for the help. I knew before we got Gracie that she would shed, no surprise there. I was just hoping that there was a way to somewhat control it ( except for the blowing out twice a year) through the year.
    Thanks again for the advice ~ Gracie thanks you too!

By the way ~ we feed Gracie Purina Dog Chow. ;D

The dog chow may be part of it. A higher quality food may help some. The Nutricoat is sold at Petsmart and maybe other stores and you can get it online several places just google "Nutricoat 8 in 1" and it should come up a few places.

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

Info on Nupro:
    http://www.nuprosupplements.com/

I ordered mine from: *petsuppliesdelivered.com

Some info on choosing a dog food:
    http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/dogfoods.html
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

labby is offline Senior Member

Laura