Teeth

Thread: Teeth

Charliesmom is offline Member

DefaultTeeth

Hi,
    Charlie is 18 mos. old now and I was looking at his bottom front teeth. They're jagged and look like they've been broken but other people say no, that's how they look on a dog. He is a rough dog in the sense that he loves to carry large sticks/small logs in his mouth. He did go through a phase when he was much younger when his favourite chew toy was anything metal. I wish I could draw them for you. They're not square/90 degree angles at the top two corners of each bottom front tooth. Nothing I can do about it now, but I'm wondering.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Teeth

Can you post a picture? You might get more responses if people can see what you're talking about.

If you mean the teeth between the lower canines, yes the jagged look is normal. both my dogs have the same thing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Charliesmom is offline Member

That's exactly what I mean. The small teeth in between the bottom caninines. Thanks!!

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you are describing the "cusps" on either side of the incisor- they basically help to tell the age of a young dog, up to a certain point.

Look at the photos here: http://www.dentalvet.com/patients/or...thodontics.htm
    You will see the cusps that are present on a puppy/young dog in most of the photos.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon