skin and coat supplements?

Thread: skin and coat supplements?

Defaultskin and coat supplements?

My chocolate lab, Rusty, has allergies (not food, environmental allergies). I did a search on this website and saw that a lot of people recommended omega 3 supplements. Is there any in particular that you use and recommend?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: skin and coat supplements?

Guinness has environmental allergies as well.. that causes him to scratch & chew etc.* I have so far found that feeding ProPlan SS & supplementing with Liquid Derm Caps has helped alot....*

I use this:
    http://www.dog-care-supplies-online....supplement.htm
    Nutricoat 8 in 1
    It works well for Mocha. She dosn't shed near as much as she used to and has a healthy shiny coat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the input. I will give it a try! I recently changed his food and really hasn't too much of a change in his scratching. He had an allergy test done last year, and he is allergic to the WORSE items- cotton, grass, certain leaves/trees, dust, and mold....among others. The vet recommended that I stay away from corn and wheat products, so I did that......now I need to go a little deeper and try some supplements. Thanks again.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I give my Puff one of COSTCO's Kirkland (house brand) fish oil capsule a day, the same as what I take 2 of.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

curly is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacatherine
    I use this:
    http://www.dog-care-supplies-online....supplement.htm
    Nutricoat 8 in 1
    It works well for Mocha.* She dosn't shed near as much as she used to and has a healthy shiny coat.
    Mocha has a beautiful coat :P!! Does Mocha stay out the majority of the time or is she an inside/outside dog? I will have to try these supplements if that is the trick to keeping a glossy coat. What type of shampoo do you use? My last lab was not "real" glossy but he stayed out all the time, I want Zakk to have a glossy coat like Mocha.

on the derma caps-what strength do you get???

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

Something that works quite well and is not that expensive is cod liver oil. I give 1 t in summer and 1 T in winter.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC