Ear Mites?

Thread: Ear Mites?

DefaultEar Mites?

My husband took Polly for her checkup and shots today. The vet said she had ear mites!! Gave us meds to use for 3 wks. Our 14 year old (that we lost this year) never had this problem. Is this something common? The vet said it was very easy to get this from other dogs. Unless she got them from her mother or sisters.......don't have a clue. Anyone else with this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Ear Mites?

Never had to deal with ear mites myself, but here's a good site to get some more info: http://www.petrescue.com/library/earmites.htm

And another: http://www.vetinfo.com/dearmites.html

Hope this helps at all!

Ear mites are in the "mange" family for dogs. *Is it a young puppy? *If so, then yes, your dog could have gotten it from the mother of his sisters.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yes, my lab is just healed from hear mite. Don't worry. I resolved the problem with Thornit in 5 days after I have tried all other products...

Bye

Thanks so much for the replies and the info links!! Yes, Polly is just 8 weeks old and growing so fast! It's been kinda like having a new baby after all these years!! LOL Not only do I wear her out playing, I wear myself out!! I tried to post a pic but not doing something right :