Eukanuba?

Thread: Eukanuba?

DefaultEukanuba?

Hi guys, quick question:

I remember reading somewhere in the forum about Eukanuba, I just can't remember what is was about...LOL
    Yesterday I bought 2 canned (wet) food. I was just wondering, how good is it really? Reading the ingredienst it does have chicken-by-products...which is not good, right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Eukanuba?

We have allways been feeding Tasman Eukenuba LB puppy. He does great on it I think, all problems with loose stool we had were because of the extra's we were giving him.

Eukanuba is not a bad food. If you're dog does well on it, then stick with it. Depending on who you ask, chicken by-products can be considered good (or at least acceptible) or bad.

If you read through this article, there's a bit about by-products at the end http://woodhavenlabs.com/dogfoods.html

Me, personally, I wouldn't avoid a food because of chicken by-products as long as the rest of the ingredients look good.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

thanks!
    He loves the canned food.
    Right now I'm feeding Bosco: Nutro Natural Choice, tomorrow i think i'm going to buy a bag of the Eukabuna and mix it in with the Nutro.

Dani is offline Senior Member

why would you need to switch it? If your dog is doing well on the Nutro, LEAVE IT. There is no need to put your dog on the food rollercoaster if he is doing okay on his current food.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Lately he doesn't seem interested in the Nutro anymore? So I thought I might try another brand, see how he likes it?

Me, personally, I wouldn't avoid a food because of chicken by-products as long as the rest of the ingredients look good.
    That is exactly my sentiment. I do not believe it makes any sense to throw out a food because it has by-products in it...there's nothing wrong with by-products, but the food should be judged by the ingredients as a whole and how the dog does on a particular food.

Lately he doesn't seem interested in the Nutro anymore?
    If there are problems, I'd change, but I'd caution against changing foods every time the he shows a little less interest in a food as you may be training him to become a very picky dog.

Yeah here's another problem....when I brought Bosco to see the vet for the first time, he had an ear infection, so she gave me some meds, then his left ear was okay for a while, then it was red and DIRTY again. So I gave him the drops for his ear again, and I am cleaning his ear 3 times a week (the vet told me too) but it's still not CLEAN, and now i'm having a hard time to clean it because he won't let me.* Questions: Could it be food allergies like corn and wheat? Should I change his food without those ingedients? Or should I see the vet and see what she thinks, she told me it could be allergies, but he would have to be tested and would have to be on a STRICT diet. I just don't know. (sorry out of topic)