Bald spot on belly?

Thread: Bald spot on belly?

Novarobin is offline Senior Member

DefaultBald spot on belly?

Last week, I noticed a chunk of Chatham's fur on the floor. It looked like the clumps that come out when a dog is blowing a coat. I checked him, and couldn't understand where it could have come from. He isn't blowing a coat and he usually doesn't get chunks like that anyway (my Shepherds on the other hand...)
    Anyway, the other day Chatham rolled over to get his belly scratched and I noted a bald spot on his stomach (if you look at the sig pic, you can see his white spot. it would be just under there). Its not very big, about the size of a quarter, but oval in shape. It doesn't look irritated, no rash or anything. He doesn't seem to be scratching there or anything.
    Any idea why? Should I take him to get checked?

Chatham ~ chocolate Labrador Retriever
    Kaper ~ German Shepherd
    Hary ~ German Shepherd

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Funny I should read this post......Hannah has the same thing. I never did find a chunk of hair on the floor though, she just has a bald spot right about on her ribcage above her belly.

I do see her using her back legs to scratch but there is no rash.

I suspect (but don't know for sure) that she's having a reaction to something in the grass at the city park. She insists on lying down when she brings the ball back to me so we've had our fair share of rashes that I eventually tracked back to the grass having been recently fertilized. Needless to say, it took forever to figure that one out. I keep her off the grass in the morning when it's wet because her reaction seems to be worse.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with your dog's bald spot but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

How old is the dog? Has the diet changed recently?