5 month old chocolate lab with disability
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 month old chocolate lab with disability

Default5 month old chocolate lab with disability

I have a 5 month old chocolate lab with a back leg disability. I have taken him to many vets they are all saying different things. One says to get it removed, one says leave it alone, and the surgeon said he is too young to tell. His left hind leg is stiff and will not bend, it crosses with his other leg as he walks. His back legs are basically hopping. Because of this leg being the way it is his hips are stuck together. You cannot even get a hand between his back legs. I am wondering everyone else can give me their opinion or if anyone has seen or heard of a dog having such a disability? PLEASE HELP

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: 5 month old chocolate lab with disability

Besides, the leg does he lead a normal, happy life?? In other words, is the actual leg the only issue in his life? Where did you get this pup?

I dont have any advice but just wanted to say I was so sorry to hear about your poor baby

I was just wondering did any of the vets say if you remove his leg will he be able to have somewhat of a normal life??
    We have all seen 3 leg dogs that seem to be able to keep up with the ones that have 4 - but that was just a thought I had

I hope everything works out for you and puppy? Keep us posted on what you deside??

GOOD LUCK

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

could you post a picture of him and his leg so we could see what your talking about. I have trouble visualizing things. Was the leg always like this or has it become this way recently?

of course how do I post pictures? sorry im new to this

Has he had x-rays?

yes he has had a bunch of them done. At each vet he has seen, they took x-rays.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE PICTURES OF DUKE'S LEG, I HAVE ANOTHER FORUM GOING ON HIM AT WWW.CHOCOLATELABS.COM THE TITLE OF THE FORUM IS:

Re: UPDATE 5 month old chocolate lab with disability HELP!

Here are some pictures of Duke Rachel asked me to post for her.

and this is Duke and her other dog Buddy

Rachel does she seem to be bothered by it at all? Does she still run and play like normal (or as normal as she can)? Is this something new or has she had it since she was a baby?

Duke has had his condition since birth. I found him in the local newspaper he was free because of his disability. There were only three to the litter two girls and him! The girls were fine Duke was the only one with the problem. Yes he does pretty good with it. his back legs hop together and he runs and keeps up with bubba pretty good, but he does get knocked down a lot by bubba.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast