Oh Nick ... Natural Flea Stuff

Thread: Oh Nick ... Natural Flea Stuff

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

DefaultOh Nick ... Natural Flea Stuff

In case you missed this "over there"; have you heard of this: thoughts? anyone else?

http://www.circleofstones.net/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Nick is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Oh Nick ... Natural Flea Stuff

I'm going to guess it doesn't work, just like all the other natural stuff made out of the same ingredients. I tried something similar to it once, and poor Jes got covered in ticks on our first outing. It may work for fleas, I don't know, but Jes goes without anything and doesn't get fleas anyways (it seems like our ticks are really only bad from June through August).

In fact, I ran across a study that was done back in the '40s when they gave troops natural remedies like neem oil and citronella to help against ticks during WWII, and it was marginally effective for a whopping 90 minutes. That means you'd have to apply the stuff everyday before you go out, reapply it after swimming, or reapply it if you plan on being out for longer than 90 minutes (and even then it's not nearly as effective as Frontline). As safe and effective as it is, I'm sticking with Frontline.

I guess I did miss it. I've been a bit swamped lately with finals and looking for apartments so I haven't had much of a chance to read up on all the stuff "over there."

imported_Nick is offline Senior Member

Sorry Sandy, that came out a bit harsh...I just don't think it will work, but there's no harm in trying. I tried the stuff from Ark Naturals, and I tried a recipe that someone posted that uses the natural oils, and it really didn't help at all.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_queenofthedogs is offline Senior Member

just a note of caution---pennyroyal, even in tiny amoiunts, is a deadly poison for many critters, including humans! [unlike the insect-specific ingredients in prescription meds].
    do you really want it smeared [it's in an oily base here!] all over everything you own?
    i think it's important to remember that stuff labeled ''natural'' does not have to undergo Any testing scrutiny for safety or effectiveness under current reg's. examples of 'natural' products include lead, asbestos, and uranium [all mined ores] and cocaine & heroin--derived from plants.
    just because something is ''natural'' does NOT automatically equate to safe, desirable and/or effective!

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

yep, I responded to you "over there"! lol
    I plan to stick with Frontline; just saw where someone said they were using that and wanted to get feedback!! Thanks!! I agree with you guys, btw!!