Help ear flapping/ head shaking

Thread: Help ear flapping/ head shaking

1scottie2labbies is offline Senior Member

DefaultHelp ear flapping/ head shaking

I have not posted for awhile. Zoey my black lab is behind mine. Shaking and falpping we have a chroic ear problem. She is on ketoconazole sp? We have her on pro plan ss&s. Sh e had been doing well no we are flapping again. I just gave her a Benadryl. If it is a food allergy I can nto imagine to what. her diet is limited. The keto worked great until now she is alos chewing at her feet. I'm not sure what else to do.

I'm trying to sleep
    100_0409.jpg

I'll save you.
    100_0421.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Help ear flapping/ head shaking

Are you giving her drops from your vet?

I am not familiar with ear drop brands, but whenever my dogs have ear troubles it takes a week or two, even with drops, to clear up.

I am beginning to think it is a black lab thing. I have two black labs, one choco, and one yellow. The black ones are the only ones with ear issues. AND, it only seems to effect one ear. I have been the vet route, and the food thing too. It just doesn't seem to be a a result of food. What I have been using on a regular basis is a brand called "Vet" ear cleaning and drying solution. It is available from the vet's office. I have also been faithfully cleaning them out like twice a week. Once you get them clean, I believe maintainence is the key. Good Luck!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

My vet gave me Zymox both cleaner and enzyme drops for Mocha's last ear infection it worked really well. You can only get it from a vet and need to be careful not to get water in the ears during treatment as it is an enzyme cleaner and the water washes them away. A lot of people on here swear by the Purple stuff as well here is Labby's link with the solution mixture.
    http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/ears.html

1scottie2labbies is offline Senior Member

I own every ear drop and flush they make. THey all help, but short term. I keep saying I'm going to try the purple stuff.

Rebecca
    '