Where do you buy dog food?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy dog food?

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhere do you buy dog food?

We have a Petco but no Petsmart in Memphis plus Target, Walmart and such.

i like ordering off the internet alot so is there a good site that sells the brands you guys recommed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Where do you buy dog food?

I buy mine from Costco (we use Kirkland made by Diamond) and Petco/Petsmart for the ProPlan.

I know a lot of peeps order from www.petfooddirect.com

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Thanks..I checked out the website and it looks pretty good...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Petfooddirect.com but I think this works best if you are on the east coast (like I am), otherwise shipping kills the deal.

Around Christmas petfooddirect.com sold their gift certificates for 20% off the face value. I picked up about $400 worth at that time (for $320) and have been using those to order food. The gift certifcates also apply to shipping so it's like taking 20% off shipping too.

They often email codes for up to 22% off. These can not be used w/ a g/c. Right now they have a 18.62% off Cinco de Mayo celebration sale . The code for 18.62% off is: PET5288. Hope that helps.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Since my Puff (YF, AKC, field line, 63 lbs., dob: 8-'01)* is now an adult and no longer eating a LBP food, I buy our food at Costco (Kirkland C&R, $15/40 lbs.)

Costco is 70 miles away and so I usually buy 2 bags at a time.

When I run out, I buy a similar formula from a local dealer that sells Diamond since the same company makes both the Diamond and the Costco/Kirkland.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Thankfully... we have a Pet Supplies Plus close to home that carries every food I can think of... but in the past I have ordered from Petfooddirect.com and had no problems.
    ~Lindsay

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

We get ours at a local, privately owned pet store. It's called All Pets Considered and I have to say it's so cute They carry all the things I'll never buy for Jake but love to look at (expensive ceramic dog bowls that would be broken in 5 minutes for example!).

Don't want to hijack also, but Lindsay - does your pet supplies plus carry Eagle Pack? Ours isn't a distributor, and I was wondering if it was a national thing, or just a local problem.

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Hmmm... haven't looked for that particular one jakesmom... but I will try calling them tomorrow and ask.
    ~Lindsay

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

I get Henry's at a privately owned pet food store. I like supporting family-run businesses rather than big box stores whenever possible.

The family that runs this store is so knowledgeable about their foods (which tend to be the higher end foods) and nutrition, and will think nothing of talking with you for over a half hour and not expect you to buy anything.

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

imported_Nick is offline Senior Member

I get mine from a local (relatively local, it's across the river in Indiana but it's only a 10-minute drive), privately owned store as well. We don't have a Petsmart, Petco, or anything like that. The other privately owned store is outrageous in prices.

Their main stuff is raw foods, but they also carry Eagle Pack, Innova, and Canidae.

Shipping and handling is just too high for me to order online, but I'd consider it if I couldn't find the foods I like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast