Back Legs and stairs?

Thread: Back Legs and stairs?

DefaultBack Legs and stairs?

My lil one doesnt bunny hop when running or walking or even jumping (lord knows he has no issues leaping ), but I live on the second floor and when he climbs the stairs, his two front legs work normally but his two back legs jump together like a bunny hop. He does this going up and down the stairs? I know about all the hip and joint problems labs generally have, is this a sign. He went to the vet a week ago for a complete exam, its a reputable vet, would the vet be able to tell after the exam if there was an issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Back Legs and stairs?

I'm wondering this as well. Ender does that sometimes... not all the time... when going up the stairs. He's just too heavy for us to carry, though I was all set to carry him as long as I could up and down the steps... it just wasn't practical. I'm going to have to pay closer attention and see how often he really does it.
    ~Lindsay

DefaultRe: Back Legs and stairs?

I understand that! I carried Dash for the first 3 weeks ive had him, but now hes 25 lbs and at 6am.......Im not that strong!!!!!!!!! Im just paraniod about it because Ive heard and read that the bunny hop is not a good sign, but like I said its only when he climbs the stairs! :'(