Chiropractic or acupuncture

Thread: Chiropractic or acupuncture

Mirabella is offline Senior Member

DefaultChiropractic or acupuncture

Brodie doesn't want to go up or down the steps over the past few months so I am sure he must be uncomfortable. A friend at work takes her older dog in for chiropractic and acupuncture to help with pain.
    Have any of you tried this for your labs? Did it help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

nanabearski is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Chiropractic or acupuncture

Hi Mirabella,

I did take Bear, who is 2 1/2 yrs old to Acupunture when she was limping. It did work but not inmediate as this doesnt work as coventional drugs, yet the aquapunture did work faster plus she is younger. I definitely recommend you to give it a try (at least 6 to 8 sessions), you are not going to loose anything as it will definitely help channel the energy. I did also give her the prescribed herb pills and homeopathic remedies. Arnica is for pain, even if it is slow I think it did help her a lot.

Good Luck, let us know how it goes.
    Adriana owned by Bear &amp; Bunny<br />

Dani is offline Senior Member

My friend is taking her two golden's for acupuncture and they saw immediate results. Baxter is 8 and had some elbow problems and he is looking a acting much younger!
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

I have been taking my old girl for chiropractic for about 4-5 years now. I think that it greatly helps with her arthritis.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

A lot of agility people take their dogs to chiropractors. I take Murray to a kinesiologist (chiro, accupressure, massage therapy all in one). The results are amazing. I will warn you though that Murray's first visit left him in pain for about 1 week. When Maryna first worked on him she said he had a lot of very old injuries that had never been addressed. Since he was a rescue, we have no idea how old the injuries were or how they happened. Since that time, he hasn't had any problems after a session. In fact, he usually dozes off while she works on him. ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Paola is offline Senior Member

Both chiro, acu and massage help. Due to the G.'s problems we have the PT come in weekly - both the girls get a regular chiro session monthly to work out the kinks. They love it and they both move much better after, even though they don't have any serious problems.

Arnica is for soft-tissue injuries.