?red colored ring on under belly?

Thread: ?red colored ring on under belly?

ds77755 is offline Member

Default?red colored ring on under belly?

Hi everyone.
    Last night before putting Lola to bed (7mo. YL, female), I noticed she had this blood-red ring about the size of a pencil head eraser on her under belly - just ahead of her vulva. It was really weird - a distinct red ring. It wasn't blood and it wasn't anything that could've been chafed. I know she is near the time when she could go into heat - is this one of the signs?! First time lab raiser here.

I've got a call into our vet, but thought I'd post in the meantime. Thanks in advance.
    Dominic &amp; Ellie<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: ?red colored ring on under belly?

The first thing that comes to my mind is Lymes. Has she been in an area with or been exposed to ticks? If so I would talk to your vet about testing and treatment.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

Oh no. I just read some stuff online about Lyme. Nasty little buggers. I just talked to the vet. We have an appt. this afternoon. He said it may just be a bite from a certain black fly and he said its rather common here in SW Michigan to see them appear the first week of May. Lola had a play date at a friend's on Sunday in a fenced in 3 acre farm property. we'll see.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

No advice, just wanted to say WHAT A CUTIE!

Hope everything turned out okay at the vet!

Whew! Turned out to just be a black fly bite that, apparently, is common around this area. Vet said nothing to worry about.

Thanks. BTW, I think my next lab will definitely be black...yours is just as beautiful!

thanks