Revolution
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revolution

DefaultRevolution

I have used Revolution on my larger dog now for about 4 years and have had really good results with it! I just got a script for my lil Dash for revolution and my vet recommened it as well. I have heard a few negatives on revolution, so I was just wondering what you all thought of it.

If you do use and like the results from Revolution, I found a great site to order it from for a huge discount. I used to buy it from petmeds.com and now I use www.petshed.com. I save like 50% off the price, and have nothing but good things to say about it!

Let me know what you think........ ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Revolution

Will not use it.

If you read up on it...you'll see that it's only 80% to 85% effective. That is 15 to 20% of a chance that my dog could contract heartworm. With the mosquito season that they are calling for this year, there is NO way in hell that I would ever compromise my dog's health for an all in one product that is crazy expensive. I don't feel safe with a topical heartworm preventative...I know how badly my dog rolls around and swims and stuff.

Sorry. thanks but no thanks. Interceptor here. $6 a month for my piece of mind is just fine.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

I agree with Dani 100%. Heartworm is too prevelant in my area to take risk - we use Heartguard

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

What about Advantage Multi? My vet recommends it and says it is the most prescribed vet drug ever. ???

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jdgrunt
    What about Advantage Multi? My vet recommends it and says it is the most prescribed vet drug ever. ???
    Is that the same thing as ADVOCATE? I'd be surprised if it was the most vet prescribed drug in the US ... but perhaps worldwide. Then again, what do I know?! I believe Advocate covers fleas, various worms and heartworms, but not ticks. I don't know where you are, but for me ticks are HUGE problem and tick protection is a must.

I don't believe that it is the same as Advocate, although this is made by Bayer as well. Here is link,

http://www.animalhealth.bayerhealthc...x_bahprdmx_pi1[tx_bahprdmx_prods.trademark]=ADVANTAGE%20MULTI

I live in the middlle of a migratory bird sanctuary in Canada and have a yard full of goose, deer and other poop all the time. Lyme disease is uncommon here but heartworm is. Allready had one big ugly tick who's head stuck (got impatient and didn't wait long enough for the alcohol to work :-[) so on antibotics just in case.* *

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jdgrunt
    I don't believe that it is the same as Advocate, although this is made by Bayer as well. Here is link,

http://www.animalhealth.bayerhealthc...x_bahprdmx_pi1[tx_bahprdmx_prods.trademark]=ADVANTAGE%20MULTI

I live in the middlle of a migratory bird sanctuary in Canada and have a yard full of goose, deer and other poop all the time. Lyme disease is uncommon here but heartworm is. Allready had one big ugly tick who's head stuck (got impatient and didn't wait long enough for the alcohol to work :-[) so on antibotics just in case.* *
    Looks like the same thing to me.* *It says midway down the page:*

Formulations Advocate for cats contains 10% imidacloprid and 1.0% moxidectin Advocate for dogs contains 10% imidacloprid and 2.5% moxidectin.

And if you look where it says web address ~ when you click the link it brings up the page on Advocate.*

Again, if ticks are a problem (whether they are carrying Lyme or not they are still yucky) then Advantage Multi / Advocate isn't going to take care of it.*

Wow, good to know about Revolution. My dermatologist just recommended it yesterday as Lya is not meant to be having any beef flavoring just now which is what is in Heartguard, I guess.

Thank you, thank you!

Morgan with Lya
    and Friend Rocco

labradork mom is offline Member

Had both of my labs on revolution for the past few years. This month I switched to Frontline and heartguard. We have had a bad time with ticks recently and I did not find revolution to be effective against ticks.

Well, thanks for all of the input, even though a few comments were quite harsh. I am a very good mother to my dogs, I have had at least 2 dogs in my life at all times and I have always used revolution. I live in florida, but before this, I lived in massachusetts with no flea, tick or heartworm issues. I like savings a couple of bucks, and I just thought I would spread my cost-savings around to everyone, since gas is taking alot more disposable income from everyone. I do not feel as though I am jeopardizing my dogs health seeing as though I have had nothing but 100% good results from using it, but I just though Id ask to see what everyone has to say about it. Thanks for the input, but maybe next time I wont ask for opinions in this board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast