very dry nose

Thread: very dry nose

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Defaultvery dry nose

Sky's nose is really dry at the end. It doesn't seem to be sore to the touch, but it is very, very dry. It looks like she has mud or dirt at the end of her nose, but she doesn't.

Is there anything I can put on her nose or any reason why this might be. Anyone have experience with a dry nose. She is too young for this to be age related.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labradore Guest

DefaultRe: very dry nose

Generally this is accepted that a wet dog nose is a symptom of good health; humidity is produced, mainly, in the lateral nasal glands of the nose. However, dehydrated dogs, though healthy, will have a dry nose, cause the body reacts reducing the liquid production. A dog sitting in a hot place may also have a dry nose temporarily. Besides, a dog recovered from distemper at an early age, may have a dry nose permanently.

Hope this helps.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: very dry nose

Matt has a constantly very dry, cracked, ulcerated nose but he has had solar nasal dermatitis for over 8 years now. It is difficult putting any topical treatment on the nose because it is usually licked off straight away but I do try to put a bit of Vaseline on as often as possible.

Won't someone please feed me!