licking scrotum

Thread: licking scrotum

iago26 is offline Junior Member

Defaultlicking scrotum

Hi all,

in these days I noticed that my lab Iago has some irritation to his scrotum. He licks it often and so the little wounds do not completely heal. What can I use to discourage him to lick and to help him to heal quickly (some sorts of disinfectant or other products)? I prefer do not use the elizabethan collar because I have another young lab at home and when they play together…

I think he licked so often because he had some parasites migrated from his hear.

Thank you very much and bye.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: licking scrotum

Wounds from what? Being neutered I assume? I don't know what you could do, other than the collar.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

whitelab is offline Member

depending on what wounds, if its from neutering, you could get a cream from your vet. When Hank was neutered my vet gave me cream to apply which helped with the healing but also tasted nasty to him so it would discourage him from licking. I don't know what it was called but it was prescribed. If its a wound from continuous licking you should get him checked out by the vet so to rule out any problems. Good luck.
    <br />see pictures of all my babies<br />http://seehankplay.blogspot.com<br />(click on archives to see more photos)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

iago26 is offline Junior Member

I have carried Iago to the vet. Nothing serious. Probably a bug has stung his scrotum and he started licking until provoking itself some little wounds. Now he stopped and he is fast healing.

Thanks to all