advice please-throwing up UPDATE

Thread: advice please-throwing up UPDATE

Defaultadvice please-throwing up UPDATE

UPDATE***** made it through the night. This morning he drank 2 bowls full of water and then ate breakfast. Seemed good. Went outside and squated quite a bit. Nothing.

Then SU came home from the night shift and played with him in the yard for a little bit. He pooped, and out came a chunk of an old puppy nylabone! I don't know where he found that bone, but he had eaten one huge chunk off the end. I found the rest this am and threw it away. That must have been what was making him sick He has had some runny stool since then, but is much improved. Thanks for your concern. Next time, Im gonna take him right to the vet.

Well it started this morn. I should start with ~we went for a walk last night. All was great. Did huge horse poop.

OK this am, Had breakfast and drink about 8. At 9am I saw him eating his puked up breakfast out in the yard. Yummy... He came in and was his usual crazy self. About 11 am , he started with the wretching and brought up the most disgusting thing I have ever cleaned up to date. Breakfast was digested this time :, and there was so much that it globbed over 2 stairs and the landing. I won't go into any more detail, I cleaned it up. thank god I had just borrowed a carpet cleaner..

I put him outside while I cleaned up. Brought him back in and put him in the kitchen. He threw up about 3 piles of stuff. clear but phlegmy and with a lot of grass. ??? I cleaned that up and had to leave for work by noon. I gated him in the kitchen, as I did not want to leave him in the kennel in case he needed to throw up some more. Well, he did. Right into the slats of the sliding glass door... SU is not too happy with me as that is what he came home to. I told him he should be glad he wasn't home this am. Sheesh...

When I got home, he was laying in the driveway. He greeted me all wiggly. Came in and I offered him dinner, as I am thinking he must be hungry by now? He wants no part of dinner and wants to be outside.

I looked in the yard and there is no poop from today. What do I do now? He is pretty dopey out there, just laying. I feel so bad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: advice please-throwing up

Poor Murphy.

I'm sure others will have much better advice then me, but first thing I would do is call my vet.

In the mean time, maybe he needs a 24 hr fast and then a bland diet to settle his tummy? Something is upsetting it.
    ~Jo & CoCo

Not sure if this helps or not but we've had Billy for about a month now and on two different occasions he has thrown up.* The first time I believe it was due to feeding him Purina Beneful, he didnt like it and that was all we had at the time.* The second time I caught him the night before eating stuff he shouldn't, so the next morning he was throwing up.* I dont know if that had caused it or his new food (Science Diet).* I also noticed that he wasn't eating Science Diet anymore, so maybe that food wasn't agreeing with him.* Currently we switched him to Nutro Max Large Breed Puppy food and seems to be doing ok, he hasn't been sick the past few days.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

uh call the vet NOW
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Well, he pooped. not his usual load, but there has not been too much going in to come out.

He drank some water. He still doesn't want to eat, but I feel better since he pooped and kept some water down.

He is a little peppier now. Im gonna hold off on the vet until tomorrow.

If he's throwing up that much and not eating, you definitely need to see the vet. My guys will sometimes throw up; but then they want to eat that! : But your guy sounds like he needs to be seen SOON! Please let us know.

mosmama is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: advice please-throwing up UPDATE

Hey Lisa, how is Murphy feeling? Did you take him to your vet? I've been thinking about you guys. Hope everything is alright ???
    Mo
    May 17, 1998 - May 20, 2009

The Love of My Life
    Rest in peace my Sweet Chocolate
    I Love You and Miss You so much

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

LIMO

A vet visit won't hurt - take him !!!

labradore Guest

Hope he's alright- take him to the vets he might still have some left inside him they will help him cough it up.

[attachment deleted by admin]