Puppy Proofing

Thread: Puppy Proofing

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultPuppy Proofing

I am starting to consider how I can best puppy proof my place and one thing that comes to mind is my stereo. It is a rack style with a glass door and the speakers are tall and sit on the floor. I just see the glass broken and my little one hurt and want to avoid that at all costs. The speakers would be easy for that tail to knock over so i am trying to think of a way to secure this so everything stays intact. Am I worrying too much?

Also, what do you use to secure lower lever cabinet doors? My trash can will fit nicely in one of the cabinets, I just need to make sure the doors won;t open "accidentally"!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Puppy Proofing

Cabinets can be secured by these little plastic things you mount inside. I am sure they sell them at Babys R US.

As for the stereo, gee, I don't know. I wouldn't suggest you let the puppy have the run of the house until he is mature enough to be trusted. Some dogs that may take a year or two, some never.

Dama is 4 months old, and we worry about our entertainment center, too. We decided that since she is crate training and we don't trust her not to destroy our belongings, that she will be tethered to her crate on a six foot leash until we can be sure she won't a.) pee inside or b.) eat/destroy our stuff. It works great because we can control what she can reach without rearranging our house and we don't have to be holding her leash at all times.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Thanks..I have thought about buying one of those ex pen things as well. I will have the crate in my bedroom and the stereo is in my living room. It may not be that big oif a deal since he will be in my room while I am away. While a puppy I am just afraid the speaker will fall on him or the glass break and cut him. I want to make sure as best I can that both stay intact!