Cross Over Lab Chat

Thread: Cross Over Lab Chat

DefaultCross Over Lab Chat

Copper has had allergies in the past usually little rashes on his belly... lately he hasn't had the rash but seems very tired and has alot of fluid coming out of his nose, sometimes looks like white foam.... could allergies make him sluggish like this.. last night he just laid around and looked so tired... Does anyone use children's benedryl... if so how much... i have heard this helps.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Cross Over Lab Chat

If you are going to try Benedryl - use the adult 25mg tablets - make absolutley sure its straight Benedryl - it CANNOT have any sudafed or other cold medicine in it. I was told to use 1mg per lb of dogs weight, but I feel its a bit much. I would give Deacon 1 (hes was 60 lbs at the time) and it seems to help his particular problem. You may want to run Copper to the vet just confirm its allergies first.

labby is offline Senior Member

as i stated in lc, you should not be administering meds without a vet's approval. your dog should be seen by a vet to concur that it is allergies and not something else. then and only then should you get the dosage from your vet and give medication.

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I agree with labby on that one. I wouldn't give a dog any kind of medicine unless the vet told me to. Dogs react differently to things than people do.

I have actually been told by my vet to give Gus benedryl, but not sure of the dosage. Maybe you can call and ask before paying for a visit?