Reply if your dog has had a seizure following vaccination

Thread: Reply if your dog has had a seizure following vaccination

DefaultReply if your dog has had a seizure following vaccination

I'm curious to see how many and what the symptoms were to which vaccinations.
    My yellow just had a series of vac's -
    1. A new leptospirosis vaccines, since lepto is greatly increasing in this area
    2. A new 3 year distemper (our vet previously used the 1 year & switched to 3)
    3. Had a simple blood test for both heartworm and a blood work up
    4. Had a urinalysis done

Two days later, he had a mild seizure - wobbly head, couldn't walk straight, some muscle temors & dialated pupils.
    He came out of it in a few minutes and has been fine since.

Last year my border collie had a severe seizure w/ in 5 minutes following a distemper vaccination. She never had another until we took her to the vet last month - didn't even make it into the building and she had one...

Just got off the phone w/ the vet and she thinks it might be an equilibrium problem now??? Reply w/ any thoughts :-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Reply if your dog has had a seizure following vaccination

My terrier had seizures following heart worm mediciation. As heart worm isn't as big a problem here in Colorado I don't give the meds any more. She is only 10lbs and the weight break in the heart worm med is 25lbs.

I haven't had a seizure, but I always separate all my vaccines, especially Lepto. Lepto has been shown to be a problem with reactions but is also a problem in some areas and needs to be given.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Not a dog but our ferret had a seizure after getting the distemper vaccination. It happened just as I was leaving the vets office.

I agree, separate the vaccines if you can. It may not stop the animal from having a seizure but it will help identify which vaccine is the culprit.