Mange?

Thread: Mange?

DefaultMange?

A friend of mine has a lab mix "ted". About 3 weeks ago he got a red spot on his belly about the size of a quarter, he didn't seem to really mind it so we were just keeping an eye on it. I don't see Ted but bout once a week and noticed this week that he had a bald spot on his knee, two days later it is twice the size and the spot on his belly is getting bigger. He still doesn't seem bothered by the spots, but his legs are starting to look a little patchy and last night I found another spot under is arm. Could this be mange?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Mange?

Could be, but demodex mange usually starts on the face. It could also be from him licking himself or an allergy. Sarcoptic mange is contagious, so until you know for sure, don't let your dogs around him. They need to have a vet do a skin scraping and that will tell for sure.

c17wife is offline Senior Member

I'm with Sandy. Buddy had demodex mange but it started on the face. There is another kind of mange. I dont remember the name of it but I do remember that the vet said that it was more contagious and harder to get rid of. I'd definitely reccomend getting a skin scraping done.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks,

I told him last night that Ted needed to go to the vet, he is going to try and get him in this week.