Inbreeding

Thread: Inbreeding

Kenny820 is offline Junior Member

DefaultInbreeding

Hello

I am in the market for a lab and have found a litter. The mother of the litter has some inbreeding in her lineage. I am looking for some opinions on whether this amount of inbreeding is too much and will result in issues with the puppies or if it is normal. I have done some research on the matter and have read various things. I thought the best conclusion would be getting opinions on this exact example rather than hypotheticals. I have attached the mother of the litters lineage. The father of the litter has no line breeding or relation to the mother of this litter. Thank you to all who read and respond.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Eresh is offline Senior Member

It really depends on the dogs in the pedigree and their genetic health. Inbreeding/linebreeding just amplifies the genes that are already there, which can be either good or bad, depending on what those genes are. It's hard to say much about this specific pedigree, because I can't read the names. The picture is small and gets blurred when I enlarge it.

yellowbelly is offline Senior Member

Can't read the pedigree at all. In breeding in dogs is specifically breeding Mother to son, Father to daughter or brother to sister. Uncles, grandparents etc. are otherwise all fair game, and typically commonly done in "line breeding".

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kenny820 is offline Junior Member

Sorry for the image being too small. The forum resized the image so that it could be attached. It was tough but we decided to move on from this particular breeder and keep looking. Thanks again for replies

Eresh is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny820 View Post
    Sorry for the image being too small. The forum resized the image so that it could be attached. It was tough but we decided to move on from this particular breeder and keep looking. Thanks again for replies
    That's probably for the best. If the breeder didn't explain the purpose behind this particular inbreeding, then it probably wasn't for a good reason. (I'm assuming you asked the breeder)