Red around the eye

Thread: Red around the eye

copper397 is offline Junior Member

DefaultRed around the eye

Hello all!! new here and was hoping someone could Ive me a heads up before i take my dog to the vet..I have a 16 month old chocolate lab. I just noticed the other day a little red in his eye just looked a little blood shot but today i looked at it and it is completely red. Has this happened to anyone Else's dog or does anyone know what it is and how it may of started??
    I see this is a great site and hope someone out there can help me out

Thank You

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Red around the eye

When it comes to eyes, I really don't mess around. It could be due to spring pollens or could be an eye infection. I would take him to the vet.
    <br />Oregon

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

One of mine had a red eye a few weeks back. We took her to the vet, they cleaned it out really good and gave us an ointment for it. She didn't have an infection, vet figured it was from playing bitey face with her brother. After the ointment, it was better in about 2 days. I'd definitely get it checked and don't put anything in it until you've seen the vet. Certain things will make it worse if it's at all scratched.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

It depends. My chocolate, Rider's eyes get red when he is super tired and refuses to go to sleep. It could be an indicator of another problem too. YOu have to assess what things led up to this or if it's an ongoing problem.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

wag0814 is offline Junior Member

The same thing happened to my 9 month old lab, Shadow, one day last week, her left eye was a bit swollen and red, and it looked weird, by the end of the day BOTH eyes were really red and swollen and she was blinking a lot - I took her to the vet, not knowing what it was, and he gave me some ointment to put in her eyes - she's much better now, But I would DEFINITLEY take your dog to the vet to have it checked - better safe than sorry !!

<br />[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]<br />

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

I have been advised by my vet last week that the best antibiotic you can use for eye infections is cold black tea, it works better than any antibotics they can give me, it seem to have worked wonders, Saskas eyes were a bit bloodshot and kept weeping, a couple of days using the cold black tea and it seems to have cleared up.
    Hope this helps.

Regards

labby is offline Senior Member

never mess around with the eyes. take the dog to the vet.

Laura