eating problem and wet poop,HELP PLS!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eating problem and wet poop,HELP PLS!!!

hunter34ray is offline Member

Defaulteating problem and wet poop,HELP PLS!!!

Hey guys, im just having a problem with my 2 month old lab. She won't eat her usual meal. she'll just eat some and turn away. Should i be concerned of this? is this related to some health issue? To make things worse, her poop is not like before (which is the solid poop). Hers right now is a bit like mashed potatoes. Is there something wrong or am i just over reacting????

I've researched this on the net and found something. They say that I could be overfeeding her or something but im not really convinced..

Another thing is that she has this big belly. It's quite awkward for her size..

help guys... i dont know wat to do... God Bless!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: eating problem and wet poop,HELP PLS!!!

Call your vet ... take in a stool sample. She could have worms or a parasite.

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

First of all, check the expiration date on her food. *Often dogs will not eat "bad" food due to the smell and of course the taste is bad, this may also be affecting her poops. *You can try another brand of food, perhaps a chicken and rice or a lamb and rice food. *A tablespoon of pumpkin (not pie filling, but actual canned pumpkin) added to her meal might help her loose stools.

I am concerned when you mention her belly, if it looks swollen you really need to get to a vet immediately. *There could be something undesireable in there. *Please get her checked out and let us know.

Is she drinking enough? *Is she playing and enthusiastic?

I hope she's okay.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

thx guys, i will be calling the vet this afternoon. She's so darn active even with this condition. I dont think its the food because she finished a couple of bowls from that same bag for the past 2 days.

ill tell you guys of the results.. thanks.

ah wait, she got dewormed last week. will it be necessary to do the deworming process weekly???

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

Vet .... big belly could be many things and if she has a really bad case of worms; it could be bad for her. Whatever, a puppy that small not eating can go down hill very fast. Please get her to the vet and let us know.

mommy2Layla is offline Member

I agree with everyone else's statements; especially about the swollen belly and change of stool.

Keep us posted!
    <br /><br /><br />

I called the vet earlier and told me that its pretty normal.. The reason could be the instant change on the amount of food i feed her.. I feed her with 3/4 cup of Alpo usually but then last last night, i gave her 1 cup of alpo with another half cup of rice. And then the changes started to appear in her poop and appetite. Can that be considered as the cause of everything???

By the way, i dont consider her belly as "swollen".. Its just a bit awkward. Like a beer belly..

Thnx guys for the concern

alpenalab is offline Senior Member

Our dog had bouts of diahrreaha too at that age until we switched him to Science Diet. Some dogs just have very sensitive tummys. If AXL gets into anything out of the ordinary I can be assured he will have diahrreah.
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q299/loristephan/?action=view&amp;current=axljosh.jpg&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q299/loristephan/axljosh.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; alt=&quot;Photobucket&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Why are you switching foods? And what did you switch from? I had the same problems with food switching and ended up having to give Ender a rice/chicken only diet for a few days. You really should feed whatever the breeder recommends... and like in my case, where she didn't care (red flag #1), really research it and change their food ever so slowly.
    ~Lindsay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast