Amount of exercise for 10 month old?

Thread: Amount of exercise for 10 month old?

YellowBoom is offline Junior Member

DefaultAmount of exercise for 10 month old?

Last weekend we went on a hike that included dirt roads and wooded trails.
    We walked for a little over an hour and Boomer probably did twice as much distance with all his darting about, back and forth running ahead, falling behind and catching up. We got home and a short while later he still wanted to run around in the backyard.

During the week he had plenty of backyard time and he went on a .5m walk around the block daily as our busy schedule allowed.

So this morning (Saturday) he was restless and pacing. I grabbed my mnt bike and brought him back to the woods.
    He followed me, ran, sprinted and trotted about for over an hour. I thought he would tire himself out but he never slowed down and he never really walked.
    I purposefully went very slow at times to make him take it easy.

When we got home, he went in the backyard and is still playing about now with my DD.

I know he shouldn't be running on the road until he is full grown but what about dirt trails?
    Should I be concerned about him over doing it? Or just let him go until he slows down on his own?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jertom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by YellowBoom View Post
    Last weekend we went on a hike that included dirt roads and wooded trails.
    We walked for a little over an hour and Boomer probably did twice as much distance with all his darting about, back and forth running ahead, falling behind and catching up. We got home and a short while later he still wanted to run around in the backyard.

During the week he had plenty of backyard time and he went on a .5m walk around the block daily as our busy schedule allowed.

So this morning (Saturday) he was restless and pacing. I grabbed my mnt bike and brought him back to the woods.
    He followed me, ran, sprinted and trotted about for over an hour. I thought he would tire himself out but he never slowed down and he never really walked.
    I purposefully went very slow at times to make him take it easy.

When we got home, he went in the backyard and is still playing about now with my DD.

I know he shouldn't be running on the road until he is full grown but what about dirt trails?
    Should I be concerned about him over doing it? Or just let him go until he slows down on his own?
    I have no expert opinions, Rocky just turned one yr old and has always had endless energy, I've seen him sprint at top speed 1000 ft away and continue on tracking when he gets back. I don't worry about it. Maybe if Boomer was 3 months old I wouldn't say that. The thing I've learned is just like a baby when they over-do they'll get a little crazy with jumping and biting, but it passes.
    good luck to both of you.