DOGGIE DIAPERS- HELP! Cadbury is in heat!! :S
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOGGIE DIAPERS- HELP! Cadbury is in heat!! :S

RachelandCadbury is offline Junior Member

DefaultDOGGIE DIAPERS- HELP! Cadbury is in heat!! :S

Hey all, so due to leg surgeries we have not been able to get Cadbury spayed yet. We are planning on doing it in May after her last set of xrays come back and we know the plan for the one still affected leg.
    HOWEVER, she has just come into heat this week, swollen vulva, acting weird, blood spots.....I tried the baby diaper method but it won't stay on, does anyone know if the doggie diapers stay on any better or do they have any other ideas so there isn't drops of blood all over my floor!!!!!!!!!!
    Also, any other advice about a dog's first heat that I should know about?? This is a first for me. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!

Racheland Cadbury

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: DOGGIE DIAPERS- HELP! Cadbury is in heat!! :S

I don't know that I can be of much help, but I did purchase a pair of the doggie diapers for when Daisy goes into heat. They are of a jean material so they are tough, and you can reuse them if need be. I haven't fully used them yet, but when I tried them on her they seem to stay pretty well- even when she was playing rough. I think the velcro they use for the doggie diapers is a bit more giving than the adhesive they use for baby diapers.

I bought the pair of diapers and then the pads that go inside at Petsmart for about a total of $30.

Hope that helps and good luck,
    Darcy
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10

ThatsMyGirl Guest

I bought the same thing as LabLady101, but I've also heard that you can use boys underwear turned backward (use the fly for the tail).*

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

No advice on the heat and diapers, but I was just wondering about Cadbury the other day. How are her legs? Were you able to get more growth out of them?

nanabearski is offline Senior Member

I did use those from 4Paws on Bear about a month ago when she was in heat, they are perfect. Just put a regular pad for women on it.

Ahh! be careful to take them out when she goes out, my husbamd has to wash it when she went out and wet herself... :-\ He prays he is the perfect father when I am not around ???

Good luck!!

Adriana & Bear
    Adriana owned by Bear &amp; Bunny<br />

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

These is a product called Seasonals, they work great! They are a soft cotton material and have 2 velcro closures at the top. I just use a regular womans pad on the inside.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

I've also heard that you can use boys underwear turned backward (use the fly for the tail).
    Boxers or briefs. ;D

That's a really great idea.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

JacksAndLabs is offline Senior Member

www.fancynancys.com

Here's Piper sporting her sock monkey panties

~Nicole<br />Grand Ledge, MI<br /><br />

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Jacks And Labs -- Gosh Piper is adorable. Now, how did you manage to keep those undies on her?

JacksAndLabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsMyGirl
    Jacks And Labs -- Gosh Piper is adorable.* *Now, how did you manage to keep those undies on her?
    Thanks! She actually loves to wear things...didn't bother with the panties at all and stood, happily wagging every time I put them on. She's quite a ham
    ~Nicole<br />Grand Ledge, MI<br /><br />

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast