White Bumps

Thread: White Bumps

mygusgus is offline Junior Member

DefaultWhite Bumps

Hi, I have been reading this site for about a year, but have never posted before. I have a 1 yr old black lab named Gus. I just noticed a hite bump on te edge of his lip and when I opened his mouth I saw about 5 more. They are each about the size of a freckle, raised and only on one side of his inner lip and side of his mouth. I just took him to the vet on Wednesday for an unrelated issue and am hesitant to pay another bill if this is nothing, but also don't want to ignore something...does anyone have any ideas what this could be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: White Bumps

See:
    https://justlabradors.com/forum/index...26671#msg26671

Giffin & Carlson, "Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook," 3rd edition, 2000, 570+ pp, $30 list, $25 Amazon (US$). It has a useful 44 page chapter on emergencies and first aid. This book saves worry, money from vet bills, and your dog's health; it repays its price many times over. Every dog should come with one; every dog owner should refer to it whenever needed.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

dare1969 Guest

I was reading on this, and it's actually a type of puppy acne that labs get, it's normal, I would keep an eye on them anyway.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Do they look like human zits? If so, then it's likely puppy acne. Scotty had one zit on his inner thigh and one on his elbow (after the fur was shaved off for his surgery). They went away in a matter of days-maybe a week.

imported_kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

imported_lovemylabs is offline Junior Member

rockie - my 5 year old chocolate male - has one on his bottom lip, it's actually kind of big but doesn't bother him at all - the vet said it's doggie acne - he also said in the mouth - it can sometimes be a little allergy if he eats or drinks out of a plastic bowl - i switched to ceramic but no change.

watch them, if they get worse, have em checked out