Just Labradors banner

Please, I need help with ear and feet problems

875 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Kntry 
#1 ·
Can someone help me with this problem?

Missy, a Lab that adopted us 2 years ago, has cost me a fortune in Vet bills. Her ears are always itching and swollen, she scratches till they bleed and she holds her head to the side. Between the pads of her feet, under her foot, sometimes have sores because she chews on them.

The Vet has given me different meds and washes to put in them and she's on an allergy med for life. It works for a month or so and stops. I was told to take her off of chicken based food. That hasn't helped either.

I don't know what else to do. I can't afford $140 every 2 weeks for Vet bills.

Has anyone else had these problems with their Lab and fixed it through food? Are there any over the counter products I can use? I'm actually thinking about something like (don't laugh) Vagisill. It's for yeast infections and that's the problem with her ears. Yesterday, I put some Athlete's Feet spray on a Q-tip and put some on her ear and it seemed to help but I can't spray it in her ear. I've been spraying the bottom of her feet with it and it has helped as long as I spray them every day.

She's about 4 years old and very healthy except that I'm doing the slow treatment for heartworms that she came to me with. No signs of them other than blood work.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.