Slightly bloated abdomen/lack of appetite
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slightly bloated abdomen/lack of appetite

DefaultSlightly bloated abdomen/lack of appetite

Hanna has not had any interest in eating her food for now longer than a week already and her stomach appears to me to be somewhat bloated/wider and a bit firmer to touch looking almost like she's in the early stages of pregnancy but not. Also seems a bit restless and somewhat lethargic. Weeks ago I tried a new soft chew supplement with both of my dogs which in turn made them sick but have completely cancelled that out of their diet for more than a week now and usually when she gets an upset stomach from eating something she recovers within a few days. This is the longest she has refused to eat. I don't know if this is serious enough to take her to the vet. Here's some photos, I don't know if you can tell though:
    IMG_1112.jpgIMG_1113.jpgIMG_1114.jpg

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to living creatures cannot be a good man." - Arthur Schopenhauer

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lilika is offline Member

Since this lasts longer than a week, I'd go to the vet.

Could be blockage from something she ate, could be intestinal parasites... who knows. But this is lasting longer than I would be comfortable to "wait and see".

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

vet asap.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Vet. Should have a complete workup including xrays or Ultrasound.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Actually she's willing to eat but I only tried chicken jerky, bologna and some canned dogfood. At first I thought she may have bloat but that couldn't be the case. She also been trembling more often and I don't think it's because she is freezing cold- is that caused from an upset stomach? I'm starting to think she may be avoiding just the kibble because she may be associating it with the soft chew supplements I was giving her? I'm feeding Chicken & Rice Diamond Naturals.

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to living creatures cannot be a good man." - Arthur Schopenhauer

If it's worms, what could it likely be?

Really, your dog is almost 7 yrs old, and not eating on her own for over a week and you are trying to get an online vet Dx?
    TO THE VET!!!!

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

VET! You are NOT going to get answers on a pet board or on google. this has been way too long you absolutely need to go to a vet NOW. a day or two is one thing, beyond that is a sign of something very wrong. Out of the blue trembling is really really scary and a HUGE RED FLAG the dogs needs emergency care ASAP.

If anyone is interested, my dog has been to a regular vet and emergency vet(was referred back to). It was discovered that she has ascites(free fluid in abdomen) and it is likely the outcome is not good for her. She has had an x-ray, blood work and stomach tap done so far. Next step is an ultrasound that will determine what exactly it is and where to go from there but most likely she may have a cancerous tumor or organ failure. So there is nothing we can do and surgery would be pointless if she is at a critical state. I am just trying to make her feel as comfortable as possible right now.

Thanks for the update. Prayers coming your way!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast