TICKS!

Thread: TICKS!

Lovin Hershey Guest

DefaultTICKS!

I've just about had it already with the ticks this spring. I use Frontline on Hershey and it works wonderful for him, but for three days in a row, I have found a tick on me! I know he is bringing them in the house after our walk.
    They totally gross me out. Is there any Frontline for humans? Ha! Looks as though this is going to be a bad year for ticks in Wisconsin. :-X

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Allie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: TICKS!

You could probably spray yourself with some kind of OFF--doesn't it repel ticks and mosquitos? My dogs have been dropping ticks like crazy, too. I put Frontline on them yesterday, but it doesn't stop the ticks from dropping and coming after me either! I've had the heebie jeebies all week--I keep feeling stuff crawling on me!
    Allie, Teddy (6), Emily (7), and Ivy (4)

Lovin Hershey Guest

For sure! I know I get them from him at night when we are sleeping. But, that won't make me kick him out bed!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

My Puff (YF, AKC, field line, 63 lbs., dob: 8-'01) and I walk for 50-70 minutes every (365) morning through fields and woods which have ample ticks.

We've done this for 4 years.

This area, I know from others, has ample ticks.* Some people who frequent the same area with their Labs report finding one or more ticks each time on both their Labs and themselves.

Puff is on Interceptor and Frontline Plus.*

She has yet to acquire her first tick.

I spray my boots, socks, and bottom of my cargo pant legs to keep ticks and chiggers off.* So far, over the 4 years, I've found one tick on me.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Same here in Kentucky. My girls are on Frontline Plus too, and although I haven't seen one on them, I have found two in my bedroom where they sleep. We don't even have trees or woods close to us. Sound like it may be a bad year for them.

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Wisconsin? Where? We live in Milwaukee.
    ~Lindsay

Gee, did you all have to go and mention ticks?! > ;D ;D I am feeling crawly all over already and I am sitting inside.

I need to check Prince over again anyway. I have been lucky so far with no ticks or fleas on him. At least not that I have seen. On our trip to my Mom's I was the only one that came away with a tick. EEaaaccchhhh!!!

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

ThatsMyGirl Guest

I just switched from Frontline to K9 Advantix because it's supposed to repel ticks/fleas/mosquitos. I can't give you much of a first-hand account because Sami has only been on it 2 weeks. I changed after finding 2 ticks imbedded on Sami's underside : Of course Frontline doesn't say it repels them ... only that it kills them w/in 24 - 48 hours. They totally gross me out and ticks are a real problem where I live.