Frozen yogurt

Thread: Frozen yogurt

DefaultFrozen yogurt

Hi everyone, I was wondering if it's ok to give a dog a spoonful of yogurt daily. We put a spoonful in a kong and freeze it and give it to Maverick as a treat daily. Will this cause any stomach problems if given too much?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Frozen yogurt

Yogurt is great for dogs. I'd make sure you're giving the unsweetened, unflavored yogurt. If you're going to be giving it on a daily basis, no need to be dumping that extra sugar into their systems.

It actually helps regulate their digestive system by balancing the good bacteria. I've heard that freezing it kills the bacteria that make it help their system but it still isn't bad for them and they love it.

I make kind of a smoothie for Mocha occasionally with plain low fat yogurt, banana, and peanut butter. Put it in her kong and freeze it. She loves it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

How old is Mocha now? She really has filled out nicely since she was a pup. Are Maverick is still on the shinny side. Our breeder said that he should start to fill out after his first year. When did Mocha start filling out?

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacatherine
    I make kind of a smoothie for Mocha occasionally with plain low fat yogurt, banana, and peanut butter.* Put it in her kong and freeze it.* She loves it.
    I think I'D love that! I would have to freeze half in a bowl for me! lol!
    ~Jo & CoCo

Yogurt is basically pro milk ie. constitutents are the same as milk but with Lysogenica bacteria added..It is great for dogs and Pluto gets a sizable portion for lunch..

EDIT- dont sweeten it.

I heard so many good thinds about yogurt for dogs. I mix a table spoon of the nonfat plain yogurt in her food twice a day.

I know there is a concern about too much calcium in a dog's diet.* Does the calcium from yogurt worry anybody?*