strange dander

Thread: strange dander

Defaultstrange dander

Would like to know if anyone else has experienced this unusual problem with dander.
    I have started noticing that my black lab seems to "break out" in a lot of dander in particular situations. She can be fine with no notice of dander and then all of a sudden it seems the dander appears within minutes. Shyanne is a therapy dog who goes to school with me several days a week, and seems to love it. This morning when we went to school I didn't notice any hint of dander, yet within 10 minutes of being there, it is like an explosion all over her coat. I am beginning to wonder if this could be a sign of stress? This afternoon after having been home only a short time, I looked an only saw a few flakes. I have noticed this also if I happen to run in a store or leave her in the car for 2 minutes or less. Has anyone else every had this "magical" dander issue?
    Four Labs Kentucky<br />http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-louisvillelabs<br />Sedona, Shyanne, Cali &amp; Hannah<br />Delta Society &amp; WAGS Pet Therapy<br />R.E.A.D. (Paws To Read)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dixies Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: strange dander

I haven't seen dander, but Dixie blows her coat really noticeably when she is stressed. She hates going to the vet, and when we take her you can almost see the hairs flying off of her. When she gets up from where she has been sitting, there is a perfect ring of fur on the floor. Poor baby.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

It can be stress related ......... Kona does that when he is stressed, especially if I train alot of obedience and don't put play in between exercises. Watch your dog's body language for other signs of stress.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

I've noticed that with Mocha when going into pet stores or at the vets too. The same thing there won't be any when we go in and then boom it's everywhere. Then it's gone again once we are back home. I don't really know what to do about it though. She loves going to the store with me though and dosn't really mind the vet I've been using lately so I don't think she should be too stressed. Maybe it's just from the excitement.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol