Thought we were going for shots

Thread: Thought we were going for shots

photog1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultThought we were going for shots

but wound up having a sick puppy. Prince had thrown up sometime Friday night. Did not hear him whining, though. Had already planned on getting his shots, but the vet could not give them to him while he was sick. Vet said it was like a stomach virus.

Prince will go through times where he seems to be doing alright and is a little playful, then he will be tired and just want to lay down. I am trying to come up with something for him to have to keep him hydrated. Have tried chicken broth and Gatorade which the vet recommended, but he will usually throw up some time after. The vet recommended Pepto to help calm his stomach and that just made him throw up. I am worried about my little man to say the least. I have antibiotics that I am giving him because of this temp and infection. Any other help, suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

I posted this on the Lab Chat forum, but I think it should have been done here. ;D :-[
    <br /><br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Thought we were going for shots

I'm not sure I would give him either chicken broth (too high in sodium) or Gatorade (too sweet). Usually give a diet of boiled chicken breast and white rice. I would maybe hold the antibiotics to see if that will settle his stomach. I think you give yogurt about a few hours prior to giving antibiotics to protect the stomach flora, then give antibiotics with food.
    <br />Oregon

photog1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Thought we were going for shots

Quote Originally Posted by kiddsmom
    I'm not sure I would give him either chicken broth (too high in sodium) or Gatorade (too sweet).* Usually give a diet of boiled chicken breast and white rice.* I would maybe hold the antibiotics to see if that will settle his stomach.* I think you give yogurt about a few hours prior to giving antibiotics to protect the stomach flora, then give antibiotics with food.
    He did not mention the boiled chicken and rice specifically, or I was too upset to remember. I had not thought of that with the antibiotics on taking it with food. That is the same as for us humans. Thanks much and I will give this a try. Have to stop at Wally World any.
    <br /><br /><br /><br />