Seizure Disorder

Thread: Seizure Disorder

fburke is offline Senior Member

QuestionSeizure Disorder

Tonight my 8 year old lab had a couple events that I believe were seizure. She shook for about 10 second then was fine the first time she fell of the couch she was laying on. The second time all 4 legs gave out and she shook again for about 10 seconds and was fine

She never lost control of any bodily functions and had been eating and drinking and acting normal since.

I took her to the Vet and they are doing blood work on her to make sure that itís nothing viral the vet doubts it, her temperature was a little elevated but the Dr. didnít seem concerned, it may have been the excitement and stress of being at the vet.

He explained the it may be epileptic and that if it seems to get worse or if she continues to has mutable seizures that he will consider medication to treat the symptoms.

Worst case is tumor but without doing expensive test its difficult to tell but the rest of the exam was fine.
    Any once else have any experience with this? Family is freaking out. I am looking for real work experience not just a medical opinion.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lilika is offline Member

No experience, but sending good thoughts. Poor pup.

Jade65 is offline Member

My ten yr old started having seizures once a month for the last four months..same here blood test showed all normal range...had to put her on pheno ...I so hate doing this. I posted on the senior lab forum to see if anyone is also experiencing this problem. Iam sick with worry. All Meds human and animal have terrible side effects..I feel like iam doing harm to her...but these seizures just cannot go on....they can die in a bad one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

fburke is offline Senior Member

So far she has been pretty good nothing was found in the blood work the vet did. she had about 4 that one day and she had one other one a few days later. Since then she has been ok have I have not seen any more and she had been acting fine. Iím not sure if it was a one-time thing, maybe like the vet suggested she ate a mushroom or something outsideÖmy wife is a nurse so she has seen lots of people with seizer issues, as seizers go hers was a pretty mild one.. Just hope she has no more, she is only 7 ..i hope I do not have to put her on any medication. good luck with your fur friend,