Gas??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas??

DefaultGas??

I have noticed the past two days that Raven has HORRIBLE gas. We've only had her for a week and a half. She has loud farts that I can hear and I'm constantly spritzing the air with lysol to cover up the horrendous smell. It's possible that she has had the problem since we got her because up until yesterday she was able to spend a lot of time outside, but yesterday it started getting rainy and cold so she's cooped up in the house. Do you guys have any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

If she's been like this all along, it could be the food. Or even the treats she's getting. I'm assuming she's a puppy. If she was an adult I'd suggest giving her some activated charcoal tablets. Not quite sure what to do for a pup, tho, sorry.

No, she's an adult; two years. I feed the Xclusive brand from PMI Nutrition. Here is an ingredient list:
    Chicken, chicken meal, brewers rice, oatmeal, whole grain brown rice, chicken
    fat preserved with mixed tocopherols (a form of vitamin E), corn gluten meal, dried beet pulp,
    dried egg product, flaxseed, natural chicken flavor, fish meal, potassium chloride, salt, cholline chloride
    glucosamine hydrochloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper
    proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate,
    manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, chondroitin sulfate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A
    supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine
    hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement,
    folic acid.
    I also give milkbones as treats and that's it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh, I almost forgot, I started giving her chew hooves with a bit of peanut butter smeared inside today to keep her busy. She still loves to chew and will chew up things she's not supposed to chew if she doesn't have something yummy....so with her cooped up in the house I got her these to keep her busy. The gas started before today though; so I doubt these things are the problem.

sarah is offline Senior Member

try a kong with peanut butter rather than the hooves. I assume you mean they are pig hooves?? Pork gives our lab terrible gas too.
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

They are cow hooves. But, the gas started before I started giving those. Also, her stools are really soft more often than not. She pooped in the house TWICE this evening, which she never does. I don't know if she's having a hard time holding it because it's soft or if she just doesn't want to go outside in this weather.

sarah is offline Senior Member

are the hooves smoked? Any treat like that gets Millys bottom trumpeting!!

I would suggest you cut out all treats and see if that helps. if not it may be time for a food switch? What food are you feeding her?
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Um, I thought I mentioned her food in my initial post. I also posted the list of ingredients.

Excuse me, not my initial post; the second one.

kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

Maybe try a food not so heavy on the carbs (grains).

"Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast