Home To Recover

Thread: Home To Recover

Luv4Lexie is offline Member

DefaultHome To Recover

Lexie is finally home from her 3 day stay for her spay operation.* I guess she is recovering nicely from what they tell me.* I suppose it is normal for her to be so sleepy still??* I think I am just a worried mommy.* It was hard not to have her home for that long.* I am happy to have her here.* Any suggestions for keeping her healing process on course?*
    My name is Lexie.&nbsp; <br />AKC, Field Line, 60 lbs, 24 in<br />DOB August 8, 2005<br />I love cuddlin with mommy, but now I have to share her with the baby....<br />(No longer an only child!&nbsp; My little sister was born June 9, 2008.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Home To Recover

No advice (nothing but boy dogs on this end) but I hope Lexie is feeling like herself soon!!!
    ~Lindsay

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

I never heard of a 3 day stay for a spay. Taffy was in and out the same day! And yes, she was sleepy because of the anesthesia from earlier that day. I wonder why Lexie required such a long stay?

About her healing - was she given a cone/collar to wear? That was the hard part. It was too big for the crate if Taf wanted to move at all! We were vigilent in watching to make sure she left the stitches alone.

Speedy recovery Lexie!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Top Of The Hill is offline Senior Member

Never heard of a three day stay for a spay surgery either. Where there complications? Dee was in at 8:00 a.m. and home by 5:00 p.m.. She was groggy, but only for that first evening. There is no one at my Vets during the night, so better that she was home where I could watch her constantly. I hope Lexie is recovering nicely.

Luv4Lexie is offline Member

Thanks for the well wishes.* I guess 3 days was an exageration, it was more like 2 and a hald or so.* I dropped her off Wed. afternoon and picked her up Friday evening.* They said it was routine, that they like to keep an eye on the patients post-op for at least overnight.* (Spay was Thursday morning.)* And they like to keep them the night before to make sure they don't eat anything.* I found it reassuring that they paid such close attention to her.*

Lexie (8 months this weekend!) slept all Friday night and the majority of Saturday day and night.* Today though (Sunday) she is pretty much back to her old self.* I am worried to leave her Monday when I go to work.* They did give us an e-collar but it is kind of flimsy like coated paper or something, and she will probably eat it.* She ate the end of her new nylon collar last week and that was much stronger material.

Well, I guess many other dogs have gone through worse, and come out okay.* I just need to worry less.* I am sure she will be fine in the end.* In the meantime though, thanks again to those who replied!
    My name is Lexie.&nbsp; <br />AKC, Field Line, 60 lbs, 24 in<br />DOB August 8, 2005<br />I love cuddlin with mommy, but now I have to share her with the baby....<br />(No longer an only child!&nbsp; My little sister was born June 9, 2008.)