Damn. I spoke too soon

Thread: Damn. I spoke too soon

Labmum1 Guest

DefaultDamn. I spoke too soon

Last night Cole was scratching his right ear. I stick my finger in there and get a huge wad of black ear goo. DAMMIT! His left ear is fine. So now he is back on the topical panalog/conofite to see if that clears it up. WHAT THE HELL!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Damn. I spoke too soon

You're going to have to clean his ears out daily for awhile. My cocker was on the conofite ... it didn't do a thing. Eventually, his ears were so bad; the meds wouldn't even get down in there to help. Even if you think they have cleared up; you have to clean them out at least once/week. Daily for a while and then keep a close watch on them. Especially this time of year. Have you tried the purple ear solution? Good luck; I definitely know how frustrating it can be.

Labmum1 Guest

I do clean them once a week, with a squirt of the solution per the Vet. I did so Saturday or Sunday and he was fine. Yesterday, nasty. > :'(

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

Bummer. Well, it's spring and it probably won't help you much, huh. I used all those solutions from the vet and nothing every worked for either the cocker or the golden. I haven't had to use the purple stuff (thank goodness), but you might give it a whirl. Sorry you're having to deal with this.