spots

Thread: spots

daisyandwikismom is offline Senior Member

Defaultspots

My boy Wiki has skin problems. He breaks out with spots that start as bumps then crust over. He does scratch at them. The only place he gets them is under his arms then it spreads down to his groin, only on his skin, I very seldom find them in his fur. I've taken him to the vet and he puts him on antibiotics that immediately clears it up but about 10 days after we finish they are back. At first his vet thought it was allergies, maybe inhalant because he has a spot on his foot that he tends to scratch, and he said that can be a sign of inhalant allergies. The second time we took him in he said he had pimples?! :-\
    I have him on fish oil and vit E. The fish oil has done wonders for his fur, now very soft whereas before it was quite course. He also no longer has the dandruf that he used to get. I was hoping it would help with his skin but it hasn't. Has anyone else experienced this with their dog? Any suggestions?
    BTW he also eats california natural lamb and rice.
    TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: spots

Sounds like a staph infection. BTW, a lab's coat should not be soft, but coarse.

daisyandwikismom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: spots

Do you know of any good articles on canine staph? I tried to find info and couldn't.
    I have attributed his soft fur to the fish oil pills I now give him. I noticed the change shortly after I started him on them. I wonder if I should discontinue them.