Acting Very Strange

Thread: Acting Very Strange

DefaultActing Very Strange

Hello all. I was hoping someone could help me. I have a 9 year old lab and she's been acting a bit off the last day or so. I've only had her 8 months so I'm not really sure about any history.. But she's usually a very happy girl, gets excited to see you etc. The last 2 days she hasn't been responding when we call her, she hasn't even responded when we pull out the treat box. She has a strange look on her face as if she's confused, or maybe even though she doesn't know who we are. She and I have a strong bond, so she definately should know who I am.. I'm getting really worried. Last night she came inside and sat in the kitchen, she just stared at me oddly when I called her for bed. She almost looked afraid of me and I just don't understand this at all. I guess my question is, can dogs get alzheimer's? Please let me know if there's anything that could cause this strange behavior. She's going to the vet Friday if she doesn't pep back up, but I'm hoping one of you here might have some insight. Thanks for reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Acting Very Strange

Aww, poor baby girl :-[ Could she be losing her hearing???? Does she respond to any noise at all? I wouldn't wait until Friday if I were you, I'd be on the phone right now.

I hope everything is OK. And thanks for saving an elderly girl

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

I've rattled things behind her and such and it seems she's responding to that at least by wincing to the noise. I'm waiting on the vet to call me back as we speak, I don't really have the money to take her in today but maybe they'll work with me and let me pay on Friday (payday). It's just very unlike her. =(

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I don't see why they wouldn't let you post date the check.
    Good luck!!!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Hopefully they will. Thanks so much

Thank you so much for that information. I've been to the vet and he seemed to think it was allergies.. although I'm still not certain that's all that's going on here. I'll give it a few days and if there aren't any improvements, she'll be back in. Thanks to you both!

I would have a blood panel drawn on her, being that she is a senior dog. Some dogs that are hypothyroid will have behavior changes.