Food, adult or puppy and how much?

Thread: Food, adult or puppy and how much?

DefaultFood, adult or puppy and how much?

Jessies is 5 1/2 month's She is on Nutro large breed puppy at 2 cups in the am and 2 in the pm. She doesn't seem to like the food too much. Is there another kind i can give her? and what age will she start adult food? also how much should she be getting shes about 40 lbs right now? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Food, adult or puppy and how much?

My girls are 8 months old and are still on puppy food. My vet suggested that I keep them on puppy food until at least 1 year old. My girls get around 4 cups/day. Check the food bag... does it give serving suggestions? On the side of the bag of our dog food it has a little chart according to weight and size. It says my girls should be getting 4 - 5 cups per day. Well, I can tell that they are not hurting for nourishment, so I go with the smaller amount. Possibly check the company's website also. Hope this helps

Bear is 5 months too. He also gets 2 cups in the morning and at night. He is on Purina One large breed puppy food. He weighed in at 41 at 4 months.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The way it works for plutois this - I basically feed him at a fixed time 3 times a day the presicribed diet according to the chart provided with the food...For pluto's age it is around 120gms per serving . However i then monitor him carefully over days to see if he is getting a bit chubby and adjust the ammounts accordingly. For example at 10 weeks he weighs in 22 pounds which according to me is a bit over what i think of a healthy..so i'll go ahead and feed him a little less no. of calories until i see some results..Its all about adjusting according to how his body takes the food,how active he is etc etc..Over here it is quite hot (34-36 degrees celcius) therefore he basically stays inside during the day time so he is probably not getting as much exercize as i want him to. I am personally waiting till he turns 4 months before i crank up the activity meter and get him into shape . However having raised 4 GSD champions and 1 tibetan mastiff champion i will recomend that it is best to get them involved as soon as possible cuz a chubby pup is more likely to become a chubby/obese adult dog.

Is there another kind i can give her?
    Try this

http://www.propacpetfood.com/dogs/in...20020102155828

Pluto loves pro pac...All my GSD's had pro pac when they were small and all of them turned out to be excellent dogs..

Our breeder had Blaze on Eukanuba when she was able to eat solid food.* Since then, we kept Blaze on it and she seems to love it.* She gets 4 cups a day.. and of course treats in between.* She is now weighing in about 48 pounds.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Among the other popular "premium" foods besides Nutrro NC are Diamond, Eukanuba, Hills Science Diet, and ProPlan.'

Choose a Large Breed Puppy formula in whichever brand you settle on.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748