Help!

Thread: Help!

leeshiepieces is offline Junior Member

DefaultHelp!

I have a chocolate lab that just turned 1 almost a month ago his name is Mousse. Monday afternoon I found a tick on him on his belly. There was a red spot that I kept an eye on. It never really turned into a bullseye but it was there for a couple of days. Also, the skin/hair at the top of his nose seems to be falling out. Its raw skin at the tip. Im not sure if this is because of the tick bite or if it was happening before he was biten. I left on Wednesday and had to put Mousse in a kennel over night. I picked Mousse up yesterday and he has a really weird bark and keeps making weird raspy noises. Now today Mousse has peed on the floor in my house twice, he has not peed in the house since he was a baby. I am not sure if this is all connected to the tick bite and if it is all possible symptoms of Lyme or if it is something else. If anyone has any advise please let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lablover34198 is offline Senior Member

Take him to the vet and get their advice, sooner rather than later!

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

Get to a vet.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justlabradors is offline Administrator

Agreed. Get to a vet.

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

I don't believe dogs get bulls eyes like humans with lyme. It sounds like he may have kennel cough from boarding. Make sure to tell the vet when you get there because if it is KC it is very contagious.

Flintman is offline Junior Member

KC takes 1week to 10 days to show up. so if it is KC, Mousse likely picked it up elsewhere a bit earlier. In the ultimate scheme of things KC is not a huge problem, unless your dog is immune compromised, and a secondary infection developes, or is a wee pup.

The skin off the nose may have been a result of Mousse pushing at a gate or fence in the kennel.