Jasmine spent the weekend in the hospital

Thread: Jasmine spent the weekend in the hospital

Handysmurf is offline Senior Member

DefaultJasmine spent the weekend in the hospital

At the end of last week Jasmine was panting very hard at home even though she had not been overly active for a few days. She was drinking alot of water both Friday and Saturday morning while she was panting, and she seemed to be very anxious around us, and was constantly offering us her paw as if she was asking for help. We made note of it all on Friday afternoon, and when the situation repeated on Saturday, we knew she was having trouble with something, so a trip to the Emergency Vet office in town was made Saturday afternoon at about 3 o'clock.
    They took her in and gave her an immediate examination, and her pulse was racing. They suggested that we leave her there so they could monitor her over night and give her some tests to help determine what was going on. As hard as it was for me to leave my trusty companion overnight, I knew it was the best thing we could do for her. She was sick, and she was in the right place to be cared for correctly. At home, we would have been powerless if something happened other than getting her back to where we already were as quickly as we could hoping for the best, and never forgiving ourselves if something bad actually did happen.
    They kept her overnight and stabilized her heart rythm, and gave her testing for Lyme, Heartworm, Diabetes, infections, and anything else they could think of. They ran a full 4DX bloodwork panel, and everything looked normal, so they prescribed her Diltiazem 60mg for us to give her at home, and will be performing a home monitoring test this coming Friday using a halter vest.
    She scared the crap out of both of us to be honest, and as happy as I am about having her home again, feeling better, and having an answer to her problem (heart arrhythmia) that can be solved with medication, I am paranoid now about what this will mean to my furriend in the future. I suppose I will get a better picture and answer to everything after this coming weekend with the vest monitoring, but I'm still paranoid now about letting her run around freely, or stressing her out about anything.
    In the past week, my house has broken with a broken water pipe, my car has broken with a non-working radiator fan, my dog has broken with a heart problem, and my handicapped shower chair has broken and sent me into the tub where I wailed my head and got a mild concussion, so this past week has been rather eventful (insane is a better word).
    Jazmo is home and somewhat tattered, but she is back with her family in much better health status, which is the most impotant thing of all ...

(sorry about the blurry picture)

-Mike-
    Paramus, NJ

Would you like to buy a vowel ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dogfur is offline Member

How frightening for you. Glad she is home .Good thoughts.

It isn't that people are not interested in your post it is most have gone. If they were here they would all be by your side.

dstyer65 is offline Senior Member

That is awful! I would be worried too. I hope the doctor can give you a better diagnosis by the end of the week. Can you keep her quiet with no strenuous activity until you get better answers? My prayers are with you and hope things get better.
    Todd, Yellow Lab, 1/4/13
    Mr. Utley, Welsh Corgi, 2/20/02

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bett is offline Senior Member

hoping they figure out the issue and it's an easy fix.
    and hope your head is better and nothing else breaks. it seems to happen like that, tho, everything at once.

budbud is offline Senior Member

Poor Baby maybe she is just stressed about all the things going wrong they can sense when things are not right hope you get some answers after the testing this weekend I will say a little prayer for her and I hope your head is ok

BucksMom is offline Senior Member

so sorry for you and your girl. Hey someone is looking for you over in the pro dog forum.

Becky Monroe is offline Junior Member

DefaultJasmine

I hope things are going better for you. Thank you for posting and please keep us updated. Vets have so much to try and track these days, the more informed we are, the better we can evaluate and guide them. Give Jasmine a hug for me. She's a beautiful girl!

joflake is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BucksMom View Post
    so sorry for you and your girl. Hey someone is looking for you over in the pro dog forum.
    Yes, a lot of people have been wondering how you are. I'm sorry for all of your troubles.

tismom is offline Senior Member

I hope that you get a diagnosis soon for her. I also hope that next week is much better for you.

Titan--Chocolate 4/15/01
    Moses--Yellow 10/12/09