FYI Honeysuckle / berries = toxic
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: FYI Honeysuckle / berries = toxic

  1. #1
    poopypuppy's Avatar
    poopypuppy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    124

    DefaultFYI Honeysuckle / berries = toxic

    I did a Forum search on Honeysuckle and did not see notes or comments about these toxic berries. I'm here to tell you I learned the hard way about Honeysuckle berries.....this time of year. I guess Gracie was too small last year to reach and nibble on these highly toxic berries. She was recently very sick for almost two days. Humming birds love the blossoms but I will be giving our plants/vines a crew cut on a regular basis.
    I guess the good thing about this was that seeing her so bad off drove this grown man to tears......realized just how much I love her !
    Last edited by poopypuppy; 09-13-2013 at 03:34 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Destinfam5 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Good to know! Glad that she's on the mend. Poor baby

  4. #3
    bett is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    baldwin ny
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    glad she's ok now.

    morning glories also, are toxic to our pets.(been looking for flowering vines for next year and found that out)

  5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    cillovely is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Thanks for posting this. I'll have to do some chopping back in my yard of these before we have any issues.

  7. #5
    Lilprincee's Avatar
    Lilprincee is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,369

    Default

    We have those too will have to give them a little taste of round up
    I do use this chemicals but keep my pup away afterwards. I also have morning glories but plant them off the ground so Gus can't get to them. He has never shown any interest in eating such but don't want to take a chance. So sorry your pup got sick and am glad she is on the mend.
    [IMG]/[/IMG]

  8. #6
    bett is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    baldwin ny
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilprincee View Post
    We have those too will have to give them a little taste of round up
    I do use this chemicals but keep my pup away afterwards. I also have morning glories but plant them off the ground so Gus can't get to them. He has never shown any interest in eating such but don't want to take a chance. So sorry your pup got sick and am glad she is on the mend.
    use vinegar instead of roundup.

Similar Threads

  1. FYI Honeysuckle / berries = toxic
    By poopypuppy in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 02:56 PM
  2. Is there anything that's not toxic?
    By Spike's Mom in forum Training Tips and Puppy Advice
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 11:58 AM
  3. Jake loves to pick berries
    By Linda1 in forum Lab Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 02:20 PM
  4. Mulberry tree berries poisonous?
    By TinasZoo in forum Lab Health and Nutrition
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 08:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25