Diarreah help!

Thread: Diarreah help!

DefaultDiarreah help!

My puppy Albert is nearly nine weeks old. We got him from a local breeder. She didnt give us any of the food she had been feeding him on and when I phoned up and got the name of it the Local pet shop had not heard of it and said to try him on James wellbeloved. Two days later he started to have diarreah. He had had his jabs and worming tablets the day before. We took him to the vet and he gave him an antibiotic injection, painkillers, paste to put in his food to firm his stools and tins of the royal canine diet for sensitive tummys. Albert recovered really quickly and when we went back two days later the vet said to slowly introduce his old food with the canine stuff and then when it runs out to go back to the old food. We did this and low and behold 24 hours later the diarrhea is back.

We took him to the vets again yesterday and he has had an injection and been put back on the canine royal stuff for twelve days and then we have to go back. A day later he still has diarhear! We got some of the paste again to firm up his stools and put some of that in his food. I have phoned the vets and they said it will more than likely take a couple of days for him to get back to normal again. He is fine in himself, and has a good apetite and when we took him to the puppy party at the vets today he was running around like a loony. We had our cat put down a month ago, so I guess I am getting worried that albert is seriously ill, even thought he vet thinks its more than likely to be dietery.

Any advice help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Alberts mummy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Shane23 is offline Senior Member

I would suggest decreasing his food and adding some pure canned pumpkin.
    Laura

Summerlin's Inspired by Armani CD (Shane)

thank you for that, what will the pumpkin do?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Plain, pure canned pumpkin will add fiber and firm his poop up. Just add a bit, a tablespoon to start. Too much can have the opposite effect.

Make sure you do NOT get canned pumpkin pie filling, that has lots of things your pup doesn't need.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Not an expert here, but
    Young Pups get diarrhea
    Diarrhea often, not always indicates other problems.
    Food change often causes diarrhea, that is why it is done slowly
    Why your breeder did not give you some of the food that was being fed, is beyond me.

You have been to the vet. Great
    Your have a neutral food from the vet. Good
    Calm down. Take it easy. Use the time on this food to select the food you will go forward with. Think about when to start the transition, watching how much of the current food you have left, so you can do it. Don't buy a huge bag of the new food. Some dogs do well on any food, some don't. The food you select may not agree with your dog and you will have to try another.
    Amazongold is no novice and as she said, Pumpkin works well for many dogs. I don't know about a 9 week old pup. Ask you vet.
    ALMOST 9 weeks old? That is still bothering me. I think I would be in that breeders face and getting some of the food the pup was being fed.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

It could be from the sudden food change combined with the stress of coming to a new home. Or:

Has the vet checked a stool sample for giardia or coccidia?

jklm431 Guest

ExclamationCopy Css DVD Movies by DVD Transfer Shareware

How to Copy Css DVD Movies with DVD Copy Software and examples to use..Example DVD Movie: Somers TownSynopsis:Two teenagers, both newcomers to London, forge an unlikely friendship over the course of a hot summer. Tomo (Thomas Turgoose) is a runaway from Nottingham; Marek (Piotr Jagiello) lives in the district of Somers Town, between King's Cross and Euston stations, where his dad is working on a new rail link. The boys are both infatuated with the same girl, and pass their days bickering over which of them loves her the most. Finding himself homeless, Tomo surreptitiously moves into Marek's bedroom - but it's only a matter of time before Marek's dad discovers what's going on... DVD Copy & DVD Clone ,copying DVD movies is easier than ever. With just a few clicks, you can make perfect clones of your favorite DVDs, or copy them on to your hard drive. This DVD cloning software will impress you with its excellent video and audio quality, and you will love how quickly you can start copying DVD movies! Download today and start creating your own personal collection of DVD movies!.Y9p98l887654.How to Copy Css DVD Movies? Step1: Click "Copy DVD to DVD" Button. Step2: Select DVD Source Movie and Target DVD Burner. Step3: Set Target DVD Settings and Target volume label. Step4: Click "Start Now" button to Clone DVD. Finished.