Teething Puppy

Thread: Teething Puppy

BellsandBeans is offline Senior Member

DefaultTeething Puppy

Hi all, my girl started cutting a few new teeth this week and lost her appetite around the same time. She's been ravinous come breakfast time but isn't eating much lunch or dinner. (it also been HOT here and no AC) She's playing just fine and seems happy despite the poor appetite. (has NO problem accepting treats) Shes been chewing up a storm and has developed some gas too and its potent. (possibly swallowing air during her chewing sessions?) Her weight is great, not skinny, or loosing and is growing fine. 14 weeks and 37 pound labrador. Poops have gone from 4 to 2 a day (less intake?) and seem normal except for a softish ending. I did just finish the process of gradually switching out her breeders cheap low quality food to a high grade one this last week also. We have a Vet apt scheduled in a week for shots but wasn't sure if this calls for an e apt. I'd love to get your experienced thoughts
    Last edited by BellsandBeans; 07-07-2013 at 07:51 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hjc20 is offline Member

My girl is doing the same thing too!! So glad you started this topic because i actually was going to make one too in regards to teething advice. She will not stop biting. Every time she comes up to me she naws on me. I can't even tell you how many toys and bones i have gone through in the last few weeks. Even gave her ice chips to see if that'd help sooth her for a bit. As far as her going to the bathroom.. How many times a day do you feed her? Is she on a schedule? Our vet told us to feed her Twice a day since she is getting bigger now. She goes poop twice a day. Once in the morning and another after her second feeding. It helps having her on a schedule if shes still in potty training too. I really would love to hear advice on teething too! Thank you!

BellsandBeans is offline Senior Member

I've been attempting feeding 3 times a day and she is on her normal schedule. As far as biting, we've been working on it for a few weeks so it's getting better. I have given her LOTS of chew toys of all shapes, texture and sizes as well as ice and frozen treats and all those seem to cure her innapropriate chewing. Hope your issues settle too and good luck!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

3 times a day is the norm for feeding. You might try antlers for chewing. Also frozen Kongs often help with teething gum soreness. Training is so important during the biting phase. We put our hand around Sophie's muzzle and commanded Don't Bite! Every time she chewed on us. Be consistant. It takes awhile to break the tendency to use us as a chew toy. Chewing is so natural to them. It took about a month to break Sophie. We just kept at it. One day, she finally figured out what all the fuss was about and stopped! Thank goodness! My arms and hands looked like the had been through a shreader!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye